Area Guide and InformationWe welcome you to Chinatown! We hope that you find the area warm, inviting, and full of surprise. Here is a list of activities that you may want to consider while you are in and around the area:
- Pui Tak Center: a cornerstone of the Chinatown Community, Pui Tak Center was the first structure built in traditional Chinese architecture in the area.
- Ping Tom Memorial Park: located near the Chicago River, the Park is popular for kayaking and other activities. There is a Field House on the premises that houses a gymnasium, fitness center and pool. The rooftop of their Skyline Deck offers great views of the city.
- Chinatown Square: based on China's original Imperial Court, the Square acts as the neighborhood's center. The two-level mall is filled with local businesses and features twelve statues depicting the Chinese Zodiac Animals.
- Sun Yat-Sen Park: named after the Chinese Revolutionary, the Park is located just south of Chinatown and often features the playing of Xaingqi and Chess.
- Chicago Chinese Cultural Institute: 0.2 miles from hotel
- Chinese-American Museum of Chicago: 0.2 miles from hotel
- Field Museum of Natural History: 2.0 miles from hotel
- Shedd Aquarium: 2.3 miles from hotel
- Art Institute of Chicago: 2.6 miles from hotel
- Adler Planetarium: 2.6 miles from hotel
- Museum of Contemporary Art: 4.2 miles from hotel
- Museum of Science and Industry: 6.4 miles from hotel
- Heritage Museum of Art: 0.2 miles from hotel
- McCormick Center, Chicago's premier conference center: .8 miles from hotel